Thursday 1 October 2009

Oh My Goodness!

Inspired by this wonderful stationary the next wedding theme I am most excited about is FLORAL RETRO KITSCH. Key to making this theme work:
  • Choosing the right vintage-y hues of the colours you want to work with so put an emphasis on a colour from the era you are interested in (
  • Ensuring that the items you are working with are more kitsch than country.
  • Asking yourself, "Would the queen mum feel good doing/wearing/receiving this?" If the answer is yes, you're on the right track!
By choosing this theme I am hoping to use a lot of second hand things which I find in second hand shops close to home thus saving money and gathering inspiration from vintage etsy finds.
Combining retro flowers including dahlias, carnations and daisies and incorporating some of my favourite retro hues of turquoise, aqua and a dirty light blue, hot pink, candyfloss and hints of lemonade yellow and mustard, this is a theme which I think is going to stick.



Speechless... Words cannot describe... find... here....

No comments:

Post a Comment